Top 5 Resources:
YOU ARE INVITED: Find featured partner resources, including podcasts, here and revisit for new content.
Who Are You Caring For?
Specific information for individuals caring for a spouse
Get started here with this initial information needed as you start caregiving:
- Guidance on planning for caregiving expenses and creating a household budget as a caregiver.
- Checklist of documents that spouses will need to manage finances, healthcare decisions, and personal property for their spouse.
- Understand and plan for the financial and retirement costs of changes to your employment.
- Paid family and medical leave options.
- Calculating how much you and your spouse will need to live on once retired.
- While not always an easy issue to think about, planning well in advance for end-of-life care can help protect a care recipient’s well-being and also provide peace of mind for everyone involved.
- Information and resources for caregivers to learn how to recognize, prevent, and report elder financial fraud and abuse.
Major Federal and State Benefit Programs
Sign up for Caregiver Updates / Ask an expert a question
This project was supported, in part by grant number 90PCPN0001-01-00, from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201.