Top 4 Resources:
YOU ARE INVITED: Find featured partner resources, including podcasts, here and revisit for new content.
Visit this page for clips from caregivers about financial situations.
Who Are You Caring For?
Specific information for individuals caring for a spouse
Get started here with this initial information needed as you start caregiving:
- Guidance on planning for caregiving expenses and creating a household budget as a caregiver.
- Checklist of documents that spouses will need to manage finances, healthcare decisions, and personal property for their spouse.
- Understand and plan for the financial and retirement costs of changes to your employment.
- Paid family and medical leave options.
- Calculating how much you and your spouse will need to live on once retired.
- While not always an easy issue to think about, planning well in advance for end-of-life care can help protect a care recipient’s well-being and also provide peace of mind for everyone involved.
- Information and resources for caregivers to learn how to recognize, prevent, and report elder financial fraud and abuse.
Major Federal and State Benefit Programs
Sign up for Caregiver Updates / Ask an expert a question
This project was supported, in part by grant number 90PCPN0001-01-00, from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201.