Online Cashout Calculator helps you figure the costs of cashing out retirement savings
Social Security Administration: Local Social Security offices will restore in-person services, including for people without an appointment on April 7, 2022. Read SSA’s blog to learn more.
Legal Assistance for Older Adults:
National Center on Law & Elder Rights (NCLER)
- FAQ sheet on Evolving Policies and Procedures at SSA with new information about who can schedule in-person appointments and how to go about scheduling appointments for those qualified.
- New COVID-19 Medicare Enrollment Information
- Webcast Recording: Strategies for Providing Remote Legal Services to Older Adults
- Webinar Recording: Legal Challenges in Emergencies: Helping Older Adults Facing Public Health Emergencies & the Aftermath of Natural Disasters
- Legal Assistance & COVID-19
- Visit NCLER for more COVID-19 resources
COVID-19 LEGISLATIVE UPDATES:
OTHER COVID-19 UPDATES:
WISER is a Co-chair of the Leadership Council of Aging Organizations’ (LCAO)’s Economic Security Task Force. As an organization, we voiced our concerns regarding efforts to ensure prompt issuance of economic impact payments under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Title II benefits (Social Security), Veterans Disability Compensation, and Veterans Pension benefits, especially on behalf of seniors and people with disabilities who receive SSI.